‘Tis the season of giving and goodies, but this is one we love because it actually makes us feel good instead of yuck.
The creamy coconut milk and soothing gelatin in place of cornstarch… along with the low sugar content of this pudding lends to it’s feel-good qualities.
The gelatin also gives it a little punch of protein and lowers the carb content.
It’s not much harder to whip up than a packet of instant pudding… but with a much more wholesome ingredient list.
Healing Chocolate Pudding with Gelatin, Low Sugar, No Cornstarch
- 3 cups canned coconut milk (or A2 cow milk, almond milk, or other milk of choice) divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 4 1/2 tsp gelatin powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 20-30 drops pure liquid stevia to taste
- fresh or frozen raspberries and blueberries optional
- Gently heat 2 cups of coconut milk in a medium saucepan.
- In a medium bowl, sprinkle the gelatin powder over remaining cold milk and let stand one minute.
- Stir the honey into the warmed milk until combined.
- Whisk the gelatin into the milk, then add to the saucepan of warm milk/honey mixture.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients to saucepan until well combined.
- Divide into 4 mugs or small bowls and chill in the fridge until well chilled.
- Garnish with raspberries and blueberries for a little extra something.
Have you tried this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know! And please do share!
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- 3 Ways Allergies Cause Joint Pain
- 5 Common Foods that Cause Joint Pain
- Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs with Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Best Gut Healing Supplements for Arthritis
- Healthy Chicken and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner