Both guests and kids will love this recipe! It only takes 30-40 minutes to make with very little hands-on time. Of course it uses all real-food ingredients and is easy to adapt to most LEAP diets based off of your MRT food sensitivities, and is Autoimmune Paleo Diet (AIP) friendly as well.
Another bonus: you can make it in the oven in any weather. No bbq grill required!
This recipe was a life-saver as we sorted through my husband’s food sensitivities and LEAP protocol. I had just had my fourth baby, started a new job as a clinical dietitian at our local hospital, and was totally overwhelmed trying to help our family eat in a way that was healthy and enjoyable for all the different taste buds at the table.
This was one of those recipes that checks all the boxes for me: simple ingredients, healthy, LEAP-friendly, fast, affordable, and everybody (even the kids) loves it!
Healthy Hawaiian Bacon Burgers | 30 Min | AIP & LEAP Diet
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, lamb, etc
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 strips bacon
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil if desired.
- Combine the meat and seasonings and form into 4 patties. Lay a pineapple ring on top of each.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half and lay them side by side across the top of each pineapple-topped burger.
- Bake on sheet pan for 25 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the meat is cooked through.