I love recipes that can do double duty, so it looks like I cooked a whole, separate fancy meal when actually, I didn’t.
Also stuffed pepper recipes always look good but take too long and involve too many steps for me (I’m a lazy cook).
Here’s what I recommend: cook and double this 20 Minute Cheesy Turkey and Quinoa Casserole on another night, then save half for this meal 2 or 3 days later. Everyone will think you are amazing!
As always, I strive to share simple, real food recipes that are easy to adapt to your unique food sensitivities.
If you want help knowing which foods are causing your arthritis or other symptoms, well, that’s my specialty! Check out my Conquer Arthritis with Food program, where you’ll get your own Mediator Release Test to clue us into your problem foods, plus step-by-step help and a supportive community to help you feel better using food as medicine.
Turkey Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers | 35 Min
- 6 large bell peppers variety of colors
- Cheesy Turkey and Quinoa Casserole leftovers
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Set a large pot of water to boil. Heat the oven to 375F.
- Trim the tops of the bell peppers, clean out the seeds, and trim the bottoms just enough to help the peppers stand up in the baking pan.
- Boil the peppers for 5 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
- Stand each pepper in a large cast iron skillet or other baking dish. Divide the cheesy beef and rice mixture into the peppers, filling each to the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle each with extra cheddar cheese immediately so it melts. Enjoy!
If you try this, please don’t forget to comment! I want to hear your feedback!